GG2121122 – Delivery IT equipment
Started in November 2020 by IPP Hagop Dantziguian, this Global Grant is done with the support of Rotary Club de Bruxelles (Belgium) and targets the supply of more than 100 laptops and tablets to support the education in Lebanon; these equipment’s will allow access to courses online and give students connectivity with teachers.
This project is done in collaboration with Association MAAK and intends to distribute laptops and tablets in 7 schools all over Lebanon while providing the relevant training to teachers to help them conduct remote education
The teachers and students will undergo necessary training to learn mainly 4 basic necessities:
- How to use the material and online teaching platforms.
- Develop online lesson plans for the learning spaces.
- Using online resources to develop online teaching and learning opportunities – part I
- Using online resources to develop online teaching and learning opportunities – part II
Memorandums of Understanding were signed with the 7 schools:
- Armenian Evangelical Central High School, Achrafieh
- Besançon Beyrouth
- Ecole Jeanne D’Arc – Délivrande – Ghosta
- Saint Joseph School
- Soeurs du Rosaire Maamrieh
- St Vincent, Burj Hammoud
- Ste Famille Maronite, Zalka
This project was achieved in collaboration with Association MAAK and co-sponsored by the following Rotary Clubs:
- Brussels, Belgium – D-2150
- London, Greater London, England – D-1130
- Milano, Italy – D-2041
- Berlin-Brandenburger Tor, Germany – D-1940
- ‘s-Gravenhage, Netherlands- D-1600
and Districts 2150 and 2452
The total value of this GG is 37’000 USD and is in process.
This project was selected because the program presented strengthen a community’s ability to provide basic education and literacy.
The families and schools concerned are from the poorest families, and many have lost both their livelihood, possessions and are living in makeshift accommodations.
The material will belong to the schools and MAAK will ensure the support and maintain of the material.