Dear Rotarians, dear friends of Rotary
It was with great honor that I accepted the invitation by my club to be its president for the year 2017-18.
It is not an easy task, and I intend to give it all the needed attention for a successful year.
At RC Beirut Cedars, perfection is the norm and dedication is the signature. It’s the 8th year of our club, 7 outstanding presidents made from RC Beirut Cedars one of the leading Rotary Clubs of Lebanon and the district. (We even received a letter of appreciation from Rotary International President Ron D. Burton for the book about our achievements in the first three years, “THE FIRST THOUSAND DAYS”, that PP Ronald Farra compiled.)
So, as you see, to keep the bar high is not an easy task.
My dear fellow members, I promise you to do my best to keep our club soaring high and making our Community and the world a better place. “Service Above Self” is Rotary’s motto, our Rotary theme for this year is: MAKING A DIFFERENCE and our theme for 2017-18 is: “Youth and Community service”. It’s along this path that we hope to make a difference and help our fellow citizens where needed.
- We intend to work together, to address our schools and create awareness about drug abuse.
- We want to teach our young generation to address Peace and to behave in a responsible way to build a safe country.
- We intend on pairing with NGOS, to spread awareness in Public and private schools about drugs and how to live a healthy life.
- We will have lectures at the schools and at our club to enhance Peace building strategies and crisis management.
- We want our youth to be responsible citizens working for a Peaceful and flourishing Lebanon.
- We intend to send one student to study abroad, to be exposed to other cultures.
- We would like to send a scholar to one of our Peace Universities to work on a Master’s Degree in Peace Education. Any candidates????
- We are working towards endowing Horsch Beirut, the only green area left in Beirut, with a running track and a friendly park for families and youth.
- We will plant trees all over Lebanon for a better environment.
- And we will tend to the poor and needy, as we always do, by supporting old people homes and orphanages.
- 2017-18 is Rotary’s last year in eradicating Polio. We have succeeded in eradicating Polio in the world. We, at the club, are considering a special event to celebrate this achievement.
- Once or twice a month we will have speakers around important and imperative subjects that concern our country and the region.
- And we will make sure that every month RC Beirut Cedars has a fellowship activity, to encourage interaction between members and to introduce our club to newcomers.
This is our program for next year!! So fasten your seat belts and be prepared for and exciting year of fellowship and community service. To our Sponsors and to Rotary International, we cannot make it without you, help us make the world and Lebanon a better place.
Thank you for believing in me, but the challenge is yet to come!!
Let’s face this new year with faith and determination.
Let’s make it the best year ever….
Whoever wants to join the fun is welcome!! Visit our club, listen to our speakers and become a Rotarian.
Rotary Club Beirut Cedars